This is the story of Poland's most famous fighter aircraft. The plane, built at Panstwowe Zaklady Lotnicze (PZL - the Polish State aeronautical factory), represented one of the key stages of transition between the biplane and the monoplane. The first P11 flew in 1931, and the P11c went into service with the new Polish Air Force in 1934. At the time of the German invasion in 1939, 12 Polish fighter squadrons were equipped with the P11c; the 114 that were lost shot down approximately 120 enemy planes. Contents include: Scale plans in 1/48 scale; photographs and drawings from period technical manuals; superb colour illustrations of camouflage and markings; walk-around colour photos of the only preserved aircraft; rare b+w photographs.
Yellow Series 6145
PUBLIKACJA W JĘZYKU ANGIELSKIM
|Autor||Bartłomiej Belcarz, Tomasz J. Kopański|
|Format||210 x 297mm|